Monday 14 July 2014

Lighten up


Sometimes Social Media is very tiresome. I mean it certainly has it's moments and I love it when I get to talk to women around the world, but still it is the written word and some still don't get what you are saying or if you're joking or not.
People tend to put everything you write on a scale sometimes. They put their own spin on it and let's face it; a lot of people just never learned to understand whát they are reading or how it is to be interpreted.

I'm not sitting here boosting my own horn so to speak; far from it! But I hope I know how to read and understand what others write and what they mean by it. Not always of course; it really depends on ones mood. And while we're at it; let's face that as well; don't we all write first and think later sometimes? I most certainly do!


Besides a lot of negative comments we're getting; do we really want those? After all the people on social media are strangers to us all. Do we know them? Not really. There are some who's opinion matter to us and the rest we really should cast aside. Even if it is hard for most.
Negativity will eat and drain your energy. Those energy eating vampires are people you don't need in your life! Try to ignore them and avoid them. If they don't get you it's their loss not yours.

Social media is a nice thing in these days and age but it can get out of hand if you don't control your own feelings about it. There are always people who are not thinking if what they are saying will hurt an other ones feelings or not. The person on the other end of the screen is a real life person after all.


But for the most part it's just real fun to be on certain sites and talk to people around the globe. In my case about one particular actor and his do's and don'ts and his career (and okay I'll admit it; his looks as well) That we also have more than him in common was something I really didn't count on and is something I am grateful for every single day. But as they say in the tv series Sherlock where Benedict (of whom we are talking of course) is most famous these days;
The Universe is never that lazy, Sherlock.
And there was never a truer saying than that!

© KH

No comments: