Thursday 20 September 2018

Tragedy

This morning while working my client and I heard the shocking news on the radio that a cargo bike with children on their way to school were caught by a train. Four children are dead, the caregiver who was driving the electric bike has lost her leg(s) and is in the hospital and two other children are seriously injured in hospital as well.
Two children in from one family are dead, one other child is in hospital.
Everyone in our town is in shock. There are often accidents with trains but not with children, or so many at once. It's such a tragedy.
You can imagine you say goodbye to your kids just this morning and all of a sudden they're gone! It's just horrible to think of that.

My son was supposed to take the train today to work but he had the late shift and I'm glad he didn't see it happen. I can't even imagine how traumatic it must be. Not only for the parents, but the traindriver, the people waiting on the train as well.

I am so very sorry for the loss of such young lives and I hope that the parents get every help that is available. I wish them all the strength.

© KH

No comments: