Sunday 4 June 2017

Music on Sunday; One World,One Human Race



We live in scary times, in a world filled with anxious people waiting for that moment when terrorist attacks happen near where they live. This morning when I woke up I read the news on my phone about yet another attack on innocent civillians in London. The last one in the UK only two weeks ago. My first thought was; Thank heavens my niece is back home from London and then I thought about all those scared people who weren't home at the time it happened.

We Europeans are a strange people, or should I say tough people. We have known our hardships during our history, we have been there so to say. What ever they are bringing, we always come out stronger because whatever happens; we won't let 'them' get to us. We won't give in, we won't give up, we won't give up our daily lives because of fear or anxiety. We are more united than ever.

Isis or Al Quada or whoever is behind all this may think they've got us, but it's just the opposite. You won't! We will take in the people you have scared away from your own countries, just out of human kindness because we believe in the essence of humanity. In kindness, in helping our fellow humans. We don't care if you're black, white, brown, gay, straight, Muslim, Catholic, Jew or whatever, you are most of all human! We are one! One world, one race, the human race. And if we don't help each other, learn to get along, the whole world is doomed anyway. So stop this shit and learn to get along! For your own good as well as the world's...

Some wisdom from some musicians on this day to help us;



















© KH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A favourite of mine. This time sung by great singer, but we sing this often in our circles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cObt7rouX3c
Here 's the lyrics:
Earth My Body
Water My Blood
Air My Breath
and Fire My Spirit

Earth My Body
Water My Blood
Air My Breath
and Fire My Spirit

I like to sing to the Earth
I like to hold her
She likes to sing to me
She likes to hold me

I like to sing to the Earth
I like to hold her
She likes to sing to me
She likes to hold me

I carry fistfuls of leaves
I make love to the breeze
I carry fistfuls of bones
I trust they will lead me home
I carry grief on my wings
I know why caged birds sing

Through many turns of this moon
My women have suffered wounds
But my grandmothers with me
Close your eyes can't you see?
And my grandchildren are here
The rose the crow and the deer

I am surrounded by light
The light of stories
We need to quiet our minds
We need to listen

We are surrounded by light
The light of stories
We need to quiet our minds
We need to listen

Earth My Body
Water My Blood
Air My Breath
And Fire My Spirit

Earth My Body
Water My Blood
Air My Breath
And Fire My Spirit

Earth My Body
Water My Blood
Air My Breath
And Fire My Spirit

Namaste..

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, we are ALL nothing more than STARDUST. A wonderful man says it this way: Carl Sagan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPkpBN6bEI

And this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCQPw9pbZnk . We're All Stardust -- And Why That Should Make You Feel Awesome | Dr. Natalie Hinkel | TEDxNashville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QADMMmU6ab8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-8r3Z-BR7M Enjoy this blast from the past.

Fact is that every living thing is our relative. Think of that, eh... AWSOME or what? :))