Saturday 23 May 2015

30 Days challenge, 13, Insecurities and dreams

These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson



Is fear holding you back from living your fullest life and being truly self expressed? Put yourself in the shoes of the you who’s already lived your dream and write out the answers to the following:
Is the insecurity you’re defending worth the dream you’ll never realize? or the love you’ll never venture? or the joy you’ll never feel?
Will the blunder matter in 10 years? Or 10 weeks? Or 10 days? Or 10 minutes?
Can you be happy being anything less than who you really are?
Now Do. The Thing. You Fear.

Yes I am an insecure person but I am also a ferm believer of 'if it's meant to happen it will happen' and 'Trust the Universe' kind of stuff.
I would love to be a writer, but wait, I AM a writer already! I write every single day from age 12 on. I write poems, short stories, working on a novel, fanfiction so yes I consider myself a writer.
No, it's not published work as published in a book but it's online on the internet! Plus I enjoy writing on a daily basis. If I don't write I am not myself. I love writing, editing pictures and all that. Does it matter that I'm  not famous for it? I don't think it does. I don't think it makes a lot of money anyway, here in the Netherlands. Only in the UK or USA it does. Here it's a whole other story all together. Put your head above the cornfield and you might lose it.. No I think I'd best enjoy my writing just for me and a handful of people who are reading it.

And that nice little cottage with period features in Scotland with some acres next to it for life stock? Well let's get real shall we? That will never happen! It would be ever so lovely if it would, but I just am not rich enough to buy a house over there! To pack everything up, sell my house (which I love by the way, with it's small but lovely garden filled with birds) and move there is a huge step and something I will always dream about but will never do. I might regret that someday sure. But I also have to be realistic as well. Not much fun in being realistic but dreaming about it is...

© KH

No comments: