Wednesday 22 August 2018

Healing


These have been the hardest two weeks of my life so far. Of course I had a hard time after my dad died, I won't deny that I still miss him but what helped me through that or better yet who, was my loving dog. Now I have to do it all by myself. She isn't here to help through this grieving process or any other thing that will hurt after this. I have to do everything on my own now. She was always there to comfort me, to stand by my side, to help me heal.
There are days that I just can't believe she's gone.
Last Sunday we went for a long walk in the woods and even though they say nature heals, that was a bad idea. In my mind I saw her running in front of me, toward her favourite places, picking up a pine cone or walking in front of us looking back as if she was looking if we were still there behind her.
I haven't been myself ever since she's gone. I'm making mistakes, I am not well, I'm missing her like crazy.
It will pass, they say, it will take time. I'm sure they're right. I need to accept it first and I haven't I think.

© KH

No comments: