Wednesday 3 June 2015

30 Days Challenge 25, Intuition

The secret of fortune is joy in our hands. – Ralph Waldo Emerson



If you could picture your intuition as a person, what would he or she look like? If you sat down together for dinner, what is the first thing he or she would tell you?

Even though my former blog doesn't excist anymore I can remember this prompt. I can even remember which person I chose as the face of my intuition. Brigid is a Celtic triple goddess ruling healing, poetry, and smithcraft. She is one of the great mothers of the Celts.

What would she say to me when we could talk?
To listen to myself more, to her cause she's my intuition. To listen and act more on what I feel inside and not think I can't do that. If I feel something strongly it must matter, it certainly matters more than what other people are feeling or thinking. She would say that I am considering other peoples feelings more than my own. I too am important. She would say that if I keep sweeping my own feelings under the carpet like that, I will get sick inside, it will keep on hurting and one day I will have to pay the price for that.
I know she's right of course but it's so much more difficult than she's saying. She understands that but she's tougher than I am.
She leans over to me, looks me in the eyes and again reminds me that I do matter! That I need to listen to myself (her) more.
And once again I find myself promising I will and we both know it's an empty promise. She shakes her head in sadness, puts her hand on mine and says she will try to remind me over and over again until I get it. I nod, she's right of course I know she is. I feel it in my gut. I hurt inside for a reason. It's starting all over again and I don't know how to stop it. 'You don't' she says, 'you just let it and see where it brings you'.
'But what if'? I say. 'There are no 'what if's'' she says 'you just do what your gut tells you to' I feel the tears well up in my eyes and when I look up to face her, I see that she has left...
She knows I got the message. 

© KH

1 comment:

Daan said...

wow...
wise ladies...