Monday 1 June 2015

30 Days Challenge 23, Enthusiasm

Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string. 
– Ralph Waldo Emerson




 
“Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” is a great line from Emerson. If there’s no enthusiasm in what you do, it won’t be remarkable and certainly won’t connect with people on an emotional basis. But, if you put that magic energy into all of your work, you can create something that touches people on a deeper level. How can you bring MORE enthusiasm into your work? What do you have to think or believe about your work to be totally excited about it? Answer it now.

Unfortunately Daan has given up on challenging herself but I won't. Maybe the challenges are repetive but we knew that before we started. I think they made them so with a purpose.
So I'll go on with enthusiasm the same one I have when I work/write.
I believe that you have to have love what you are doing every day or you be miserable every single day in your life. Whether that's in your work or in your personal life you have to love what you do. (making a bridge here) Daan doesn't love doing the challenges, so she shouldn't. I love to challenge myself and see what I can do more to better myself or to learn from myself or others. If you do things simply to please others you should not do them! Only do what you love to, with enthusiasm. Writing is that for me. Writing is like breathing to me. If I don't write I don't live.
I can only hope that what I create is touching people...

But also in my work with the elderly I can put my enthusiasm at work. Just this morning I comforted a lady who recently lost her husband. It's sad but I'm happy to be able to be there at that time for her. To make her smile again even if it's for a little while.

© KH

1 comment:

Daan said...

it's not about them being repetitive, it's about them not challenging me {which i thought was the incentive,and it was four years ago...} i feel, and i don't feel i'm learning anything i didn't know already... but if you feel it's teaching you stuff about yourself: great!! :-)

and it's great to read that you love doing your job, that you're making a difference to the people you work for/with!! :-)