Saturday 16 May 2015

30 Days Challenge 6; Travel

If we live truly, we shall see truly. 
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


 Today's Challenge:

Not everyone feels the need to travel around the world, but everyone can think of a place they want to visit again before they die. What is the place for you and what do you do to achieve this?

This is probably the easiest challenge they can give me.
Maybe I do want to travel more but I do not have the means to do so, I am content with that. I accept that. I do have that Bucket list like so many other people but not at all cost. My own personal happiness is more important. To be happy in my own skin in my own surroundings is more important than to save up all the money I can spare to go on holiday every year like so many other people I know do! (and not only once a year either) I don't even envy them, if that's their way of being happy, let them. I am happy right where I am.(sounds kinda boring right? Maybe I've become just that)


But if there is one place I want to visit again before I die? That must be the Highlands in Scotland. I want to feel home in my second home again. Even though I love my own home so much, I am also so much in love with Scotland and I can't think of a live without it.
Thankfully I went there a few weeks ago with my sister to breath in the Scottish air again and feel the welcoming kind people and it was about time too! But to travel around the Highlands again would do me a world of good I guess, even though I cry everytime I have to leave again. I even said to my loved ones to scatter my ashes there after I'm gone... says a lot right? 



© KH

You can also read Daan's challenge

1 comment:

Daan said...

totally get you, i think...