Saturday 30 May 2015

30 Days Challenge, 21 ; Speak less

What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think. This rule, equally arduous in actual and in intellectual life, may serve for the whole distinction between greatness and meanness. It is the harder, because you will always find those who think they know what is your duty better than you know I. 
- Ralph Waldo Emerson



Today's Challenge;

I once received a fortune cookie that read: “Speak less of your plans, you’ll get more done.” What’s one project that you’ve been sitting on and thinking about but haven’t made progress on? What’s stopping you? What would happen if you actually went for it and did it?

For a while now I am sort of working on writing a novel. I have always been writing for as long as I can remember, but only short stories and poems never anything long. Lately I've been kind of derived from that by writing fanfiction. Yes, really. Not that it is bad or anything. I rather enjoy doing that and that is what really matters I think in writing. Enjoying what you're doing. But the novel is still waiting. I think I have maybe one chapter, maybe more, of it.

What would happen if I actually went for it and did it? Well I don't know, I'm not one that thinks it would actually be published or anything. I do think however I'm better in short stories. But maybe, just maybe I should let others who actually know that, be the judge of that and just finish one already.

© KH

You can also read what Daan has to say about it

No comments: