Tuesday 12 May 2015

30 Days Challenge; 15 minutes to live

We are afraid of truth, afraid of fortune, afraid of death, and afraid of each other. Our age yields no great and perfect persons. —Ralph Waldo Emerson


You just discovered you have fifteen minutes to live.
1. Set a timer for fifteen minutes.
2. Write the story that has to be written.

First: Would I react that way if I found that out? Would I not waste those 15 minutes being scared to death about what I just found out and why? 15 minutes isn't a lot, so something must have happened right? A plane crash or something. I remember when sis and I sat in the plane back from Edinburgh some weeks ago, two guys were going to the back together. They were looking scruffy, hooded, and I had a weird feeling about it and I didn't know why. I was thinking: Why would you go to the toilet together? There's only one so why? If they want to do something, I'm going to jump right on it! Sis was thinking the exact same thing she told me later. 
So if I found out I had 15 minutes to live, it had to be that something was about to happen. 

But okay, if I could set a timer and write something, I would write to the people I love. I would tell them to always choose for happiness, to choose what feels good not what others think you should do. To say that I had no regrets of the choices I made in life (that's silly anyway, you can't change a damn thing, so why regret it) and maybe let them read my favourite poem so they'd understand how I'd feel about death. I believe strongly in Reincarnation so I'll be coming back anyway. I have to! I believe that people who have more to learn are coming back in a next life and I really learned a lot but need to learn a lot more!
Sure I'd like to travel more, or a small part sometimes still thinks I probably never should've married some person in my live. But if I hadn't, I wouldn't have had those two wonderful boys either! As I'm a firm believer of 'Everything happens for a reason' I don't think things in life happen for nothing, not even death. Of course it's fucked up my dad died too early but in some twisted way, he was probably needed somewhere else.
Life might not always be easy, but it sure makes sense if you think about it. Or don't think about it too much. Just feel more, enjoy more, especially about the little things in life. 

© KH

you can also read Daan's Challenge

When I'm dead my dearest

When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree:
Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet;
And if thou wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget.

I shall not see the shadows,
I shall not feel the rain;
I shall not hear the nightingale
Sing on, as if in pain:
And dreaming through the twilight
That doth not rise nor set,
Haply I may remember,
And haply may forget.


1 comment:

Daan said...

lest we regret...
nice... :-)