Friday 22 May 2015

30 Days Challenge 12, Never Imitate

Imitation is Suicide. Insist on yourself; never imitate. – Ralph Waldo Emerson





Write down in which areas of your life you have to overcome these suicidal tendencies of imitation, and how you can transform them into a newborn you – one that doesn’t hide its uniqueness, but thrives on it. There is a “divine idea which each of us represents” – which is yours?

I don't think I imitate others. Maybe I have in the past I don't know. I do think however that I am myself at all times. What you see is what you get and always be yourself is my philosophy. 
I don't listen to the same music as others do, I don't write in the 
same manner as others do, I even don't like to go visit the same 
countries as others do.
 

I was thinking it the other day; in my family I am pretty unique as well.
Growing up, I was brought up in a Catholic family, we went to church
every Sunday, my parents were pretty conservative and strict and 
I am so not! 
I turned out so very different than they were/are. I don't go to church
anymore, I feel like I'm more Buddhist than Catholic, I think so different
than my mum about a lot of things in life in general, well like a lot
of people actually. 

I think I go my own way through life and there's nothing wrong with it. 
I've learned a lot through some mistakes I have made but never ever
can I say I haven't been myself. Maybe sometimes I tried to be someone
who my mother wanted me to be, but failed big time the very minute I
tried it! I really can't be anyone other than myself. 

Every person is unique, to be some other version of your own self is to
deny who you truly are! 

© KH 


You can read Daan here

No comments: